Friday, March 16, 2012

Lists of Five in Honor of Five Years of Marriage



Five mini-love notes and promises:

1. I promise never to call you "dh" on this blog. I know it's supposed to mean "dear husband," but my father used it for an insult ending in "head." If you get my drift. And I just can't do it.
2. I am very grateful to be your wife.
3. You make me feel beautiful every day, and I hope I make you feel handsome, too.  :-)
4. I promise to remember to hang dry your khaki pants so that I don't shrink them, since there is no room for error in the length of your cuffs (sorry about that one pair...).
5. I love talking theology with you, and I hope we always talk about the things that matter.

Top five best things that have happened to us in our marriage:

1. Thomas
2. Chris' ordination
3. Family
4. Austin/Round Rock and the people there, Trinity Elkhart and the people there. Oh heck, let's just call this one "friends."
5. Chris' DMA Final Recital/Chris' Doctoral Graduation

Top five challenges in our marriage

1. Thomas  ;-)
2. My dad's death in 2009
3. My spinal fusion surgery -- T-2 to L-2 -- in 2010, and recovery
4. Not being allowed to have another baby for the last 2 years plus.
5. Doctoral School(!!!!)

In all these things, I love my husband more, I have seen his servant heart, and I have thanked God for him.

This post is late (our anniversary was on March 10), but I wanted to honor five with five. A snapshot of our life together. (Sorry if this was too cheesy for everyone else).  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment